Friday, December 9, 2011

Holiday Impulse Buys... Yes Please.

 Do you have those holiday impulse buys like I do? Like today, Nicole and I were at the grocery store doing our regular shopping and I couldn't resist reaching into the dairy cooler and pulled out a half gallon of eggnog. Best impulse buy of the week. 



I have a weird love hate relationship with the holidays. Example:
  • I love the tasty holiday foods, I hate the tightening jeans.
  • I love getting presents, I can never think of a single thing to ask for. 
  • I love having Christmas decorations up, I hate having to put them up and take them down.
  • I love being together with family, I hate being together with family.
  • I love giving presents, I hate worrying about if I found the right gift.
  • I love Christmas music on the radio about a week before Christmas, I hate Christmas music on the car ride home from Thanksgiving dinner.
That's just what popped into my head right now. The list is much longer.

I think I like impuse buys because most times they're simple and are a nice 'pick me up' when you're feeling down. Latest example: eggnog. Other latest example: delicious barbecue to make me feel better after a terrible day. (Side Note: I love soul food, like BBQ and jambalya. You can impulse buy me lunch anytime!) 


Do you ever find yourself with a cart full of impulse buys? 

-The Everyday All Nighter

1 comment:

  1. I love-hate impulse buys. Especially when thy happen while at Costco and not at the dollar store. I have yet to cave to the eggnog, trying to hold off for the actual week of Christmas. I'm actually ready for Christmas and wish it would come sooner, my little closet is getting crowded with the gifts I've been hiding in there!

    ReplyDelete