Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Two Word Tuesdays: Butt. Kicking.

That's right - BUTT. KICKING. We all could use one!
"What I really need!"
Sometimes we really need one. I always find myself thinking about projects that I can be working on, but never actually working on them! I have a problem. That's where the butt kicking would be extremely helpful. Is it weird to think that? Its almost like I need someone to put the pressure on me and remind me to get back to work!

My projects aren't difficult, but I constantly find myself pushing them back farther and farther. Most times it's because I have more 'urgent' things to worry about it seems. This blog is one of the things I want to work on but I constantly push it off for another day. Who suffers? Nobody really, but I find that if I keep putting off I'll never get back to doing it. Remember the No-Blog Streak of 2011... It happened once, it could happen again!

I remember working on projects during college and having no problem getting organized and working my butt off. Nowadays it takes a near disaster to get me to act as quickly and efficiently as I used to. Hence the need for butt kicking!

Here's a list of some projects that I want to work on:

  • Learn to gain control over my personal economy. (Nicole and I are really going to work on this!)
  • I have a great idea for a short film about surviving a quarter life crisis. (I seem to be surrounded by people who are having them!)
  • Write this blog (and more video blogs).
  • Making more videos to stay in practice. (The vlogs & others count right?)
  • Figure out how to run my business successfully. (Like a real entrepreneur!)

I have a few other ideas in the pipelines, but these are the big ones that I would like to focus on. Do you have any suggestions on how you motivate yourself to get your side projects done? Any would be appreciated.

I want to go into more details about each project, but my time is short tonight. You can look forward to more juicy details in the near future! Yay, anticipation!

-The Everyday All Nighter

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like we have the same problem. I am an endless pool of project ideas, but I always seem to let other things get in the way of pulling 75% of them off. I used to really beat myself up about this. Then I decided its better to have the idea,write it down with as many details as I can at the time, and give myself the head space to get back to it. I've also found that I have to seriously impose deadlines. I write them down, with a plan of how to accomplish them. Granted no one is going to come after me if I don't finish them, but the deadlines loom and I feel compelled to work on them. Also perhaps you need someone to hold you accountable? I've tried my spouse, not the best. I think it needs to be someone outside of your circle who will be honest with you

    ReplyDelete